Project Manager, Life Sciences
Vancouver, BC (work remotely from anywhere in Canada or US)
Bring Your Project Management Expertise to Support Innovative Solutions for Life Science Projects Globally
Novateur Ventures was founded in 2014 based on the philosophy that strong development of science doesn’t require cutting-edge facilities to be world-class. Outstanding development needs exceptional creative minds with strong track records in drug and device development together with strong coordination and leadership.
Based out of Vancouver BC with a global team of reputable and highly seasoned advisors, Novateur is focused on bringing together talented teams dedicated to the development of compounds or medical devices from early stage development all the way to FDA approval and commercialization. Novateur’s virtual model augments their clients’ resources by seamlessly integrating with their teams and providing flexible capacity in the required areas.
At Novateur, our philosophy is to Enable Life Sciences & Healthcare Innovations, Helping Patients Everywhere. Our mission is to create significant value inflection for our clients by utilizing our diverse, global network of expert advisors and resources.
To that end, Novateur is excited to add a talented Project Manager who comes with years of experience leading Biotech or Pharmaceutical projects, to the team with a focus on supporting the division leads of the company with various client engagements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Research & development of pharmaceutical and medical devices.
- Works cross functionally with team leads and management to generate project plans.
- Monitors progress against the plan, drives execution and assumes joint accountability with team leads and management for timelines, deliverables and budgets.
- Liaises with CROs; prepares SOWs; schedules, monitors and reports progress on internal and external activities required for project progression.
- Schedules and leads team meetings including overseeing meeting agendas, minutes and follow-up of action items.
- With team leads and management, generates program status updates and program review communications.
- Leads the preparation of project budgets, updates of forecasts and issuance of variance explanations.
- Adheres to records management and internal quality control SOPs.
- Fosters effective and collaborative working relationships with fellow employees, management and external partners.
- Anticipates and identifies project risks, contributes to mitigation strategies and contingencies and supports timely action plans and issue resolution.
- Past experience in biotech or pharmaceutical industry is required.
- University degree and a minimum of 5 to 7 years’ related experience in biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry or an equivalent combination of education and experience. PMP certification preferred.
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Direct involvement or led development of therapeutics.
- Direct involvement in managing teams to file IND, clinical trials and submission to FDA is preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a high paced, fast changing environment.
- Strong attention to detail, combined with an ability to maintain a broad strategic perspective.
- Understanding of critical path and timeline implications of activity lead, lag, floats.
- Proven conflict resolution skills, with demonstrated ability to identify issues and to work collaboratively to diagnose problems and generate potential solutions.
- Proficiency with MS Office, utilization of PM software (MS Project or other Gantting software).
With a head office in Vancouver BC and ability to work remotely from anywhere in Canada or the US, this is an exciting opportunity to expand your project management experience within a biotech venture company with impactful projects globally. If this sounds like the right fit for you, we look forward to learning more about you.
To apply for the role, please submit your resume and cover letter outlining your fit using the ‘Apply’ button below.
(NOTE: The “Apply” button requires a Google Account. If you do not have a Google Account, please email your résumé and cover letter to Kataneh Sherkat at kataneh (at) novateur.org with the subject line “Interest in Career at Novateur”.)