23rd Annual Life Sciences BC Awards presented by FARRIS
About this event
The 23rd Annual Life Sciences BC Awards, presented by FARRIS on September 23, 2021, is an opportunity to celebrate our community’s many achievements, small wins and big victories, with our peers, family and friends. This is our moment to recognize and honour the efforts of all those who have invested their lives’ work in mastering successful health outcomes.
B.C. has found its place on the international life sciences stage and is recognized in Canada and beyond for its significant accomplishments in medical technology, biopharmaceuticals, health delivery systems, and medical research & development initiatives. We have reached beyond our borders to impact patient health and connect to the world at large, while ensuring the life science sector here, at home, remains vibrant and sustainable.
We are fortunate to have a life science ecosystem that bridges academia and a thriving research & development networks, including world-class healthcare facilities, distinguished health & medical foundations, and renowned centres of excellence that are supportive of translation and commercializing innovation in healthcare.
The 2021 Life Sciences BC Award Winners are:
- Life Sciences Company of the Year – AbCellera
- Medical Technology Company of the Year – Kardium
- Deal of the Year –Aurinia Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Strategic Life Sciences Partner of the Year – Novateur Ventures
- Emerging Life Sciences Company of the Year – Notch Therapeutics
- Milton Wong Award for Leadership – Northview Ventures: Doug Janzen
- Dr. Don Rix Award for Achievement in Life Sciences – Dr. Helen Burt
- Genome BC Award for Scientific Excellence – Dr. Michael Russello
- Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research – Aubrey J. Tingle Prize – Dr. Ruth Grunau
BC Life Sciences innovation has been globally recognized for addressing the unique challenges that arose as a result of the pandemic. Through collaboration between academic and research institutions, local SME and global pharmaceutical companies, we saw BC take a leadership role in the development of vaccines, therapeutics, medical devices and diagnostics, and digital health solutions. While many BC companies and individuals have contributed greatly, Life Sciences BC would like to recognize the extraordinary efforts made within our sector with two special awards that celebrate leadership.
- Global Impact Award: Company – Acuitas Therapeutics
- Leadership Impact Award: Individual – Dr. Mel Krajden, BC Centre for Disease Control
Please join us in celebrating our 2021 Life Sciences BC Award winners on September 23, 2021!
Date: September 23, 2021
Time: 2:00pm to 4:30pm PT
Tickets: Free for Life Sciences BC members & non-members